Chevy Bolt & Chevy Cruze Hatchback

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carFlyer213

Look at these two cars. They do look quite similar to each other. The 2017 model Chevy Bolt EV and the Chevy Cruze Hatchback respectively in the pictures,

Chevrolet-Bolt-concept-201-626x382.jpg

here-s-the-2017-chevrolet-cruze-hatch-in-full-color-live-photos_2.jpg

Well, they are both four-door hatchbacks, and they share the design language that Chevrolet uses in all of their cars: the bulge above the quarter panels, similar wheels, the mustache and beard grille shape (which on the Bolt is represented by a vestigial grille), and narrow headlight band. Other than it being designed to be clearly a Chevy car (for better or worse), the similarities more or less end there. The individuality of the profile is defined to my eye by the short engine compartment, which speaks to the unconventional power plant, and the cornered wheels.

roundpeg said:
Well, they are both four-door hatchbacks, and they share the design language that Chevrolet uses in all of their cars: the bulge above the quarter panels, similar wheels, the mustache and beard grille shape (which on the Bolt is represented by a vestigial grille), and narrow headlight band. Other than it being designed to be clearly a Chevy car (for better or worse), the similarities more or less end there. The individuality of the profile is defined to my eye by the short engine compartment, which speaks to the unconventional power plant, and the cornered wheels.
Don't forget, they're both orange :D
If you're looking for your car in a parking lot, it's extremely unlikely that you'd mistake one for the other.I don't find them particularly similar.

The pic of the Bolt is of a prototype. Post a pic of a production version and it will more accurately reflect what you would see in a parking lot.

That said, most manufacturers have a design language that is evident through their lineup. This is nothing new nor unique.

Back