How Much I Paid for My Bolt

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
devbolt said:
That would appear to be the case. Also known as 10K annual miles. You can get leases with 12K or 15K annual mileage limits.
There are also "teaser" leases with 7,500/yr that allow an even lower advertised payment.

oftheseven said:
gen3ric said:
I got mine on July 2nd.

Bolt LT in Summit White.
* DC3 Fast Charging
* Comfort Package
* Driver Confidence Package

$0 Down, 36 months, 30k miles, for $306/month (inclusive of taxes). Overall I thought it was a great deal.

Is that 30k miles total? 833 miles a month?

Yes, 10k miles per year. 833 miles is enough if you live <10 miles from work and your wife has a car for long trips.

I also occasionally take the bus or ride my bike to work. My last car was a diesel and I though I would put a crap ton of miles on it. I had it for just over 2 years (2 years 4 months) and had a hair over 20k miles.

Premier in Black with Driver confidence II, Infotainment Package, DC Fast charge (MSRP $43,500).....paid $37,500 before taxes (will be $30K after the Federal tax rebate). Purchased from Phillips Chevy in Lansing, IL.

oilerlord said:
DNAinaGoodWay said:
Lease a Bolt LT for $145 per month!

What's in the fine print? Sounds too good to be true.

The fine print is that it is through the MA "Drive Green" program. It sounds like it is (at least) a group-buy sort of deal (not necessarily in batches, maybe more in the "we will buy lots and lots - what great price can you give us" sort of way; being a 'consolodator' sort-of). Heck, the Drive Green program may be be a pseudo-dealer : buying direct from the manufacturer, getting dealer wholesale prices, and passing the prices on to consumer.

https://www.massenergy.org/drivegreen

Neither, I think. Think they just get dealers to offer group discounts to people they steer their way.

Read the offer charts for the fine print, Drive Green website for details. Maybe they'll even ship cross country? Worth an ask.

IMG_6733.JPG

Not long ago, I was charging at a station next to a Bolt, and the guy had got the car through this program, an LT with at least one of the packages I think, but no QC, and he got it for $199/month after taxes. So, $145 may be a "come on" before tax and fees price, but $200/month is my current lease payment for a 24 kWh car, so it's good enough to be true for me.

Dear ALL,

I am in SFBA and about to get a high mileage lease (36m/60k) for LT + 2 packages +DC .
MSRP=$39,295/ Due Signing $2500/ Lease payment is $359.23 (taxes included)
I am still on the fence and thinking if I should just buy it instead ...
Would you consider it good deal ?

Leaf07 said:
Dear ALL,

I am in SFBA and about to get a high mileage lease (36m/60k) for LT + 2 packages +DC .
MSRP=$39,295/ Due Signing $2500/ Lease payment is $359.23 (taxes included)
I am still on the fence and thinking if I should just buy it instead ...
Would you consider it good deal ?

Seems like a pretty good deal to me w/the 20k miles/year allowance.

I got Bolt early (no deals) on lease for about the same MSRP w/ $5k down (net $2k after CA/PGE rebates) w/10k miles/yr for $305 including tax. Actual cost including amortized net down is about $361/mo. A few dollars more than yours w/a lower mileage allowance.. Your up front cost will actually be negative if you get $3k in rebates back which will drop your monthly cost down to about $345 instead. If you don't, your gross monthly cost goes up to around $428.

I chose to lease because I don't want to own any EV long term. The car's battery is good for about 8-10 years (I think) but once it has to be replaced it's a VERY expensive to do so. You also don't know now what the used value of a Bolt will be 5-6 years down the road, so it's hard to make an accurate estimate of it's likely trade-in or sale value at that time, which makes it hard to compare w/the lease cost. The other reason to lease rather than to buy is the rash of new EV models expected to be delivered w/in the next 1-3 years, including the Tesla Model 3 and the cars promised by Volvo, BMW and Jaguar.

So, if you want a Bolt, I'd recommend leasing it at this time.

This link has been posted before. I *think* it's just a guy who posts the deals (for *all* EVs) that he can find. There is a Bolt section.

http://ev-vin.blogspot.com/2016/07/current-lease-offers-for-selected-evs.html

Got mine July 6th at Hooman Chevrolet in Culver City:

Bolt Premiere (DCFC, Infotainment package, Driver Confidence II)
MSRP: $43,510
Capitalized cost: $38,667
Rebates: $5000 (includes $500 competitive lease rebate)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: .0008
Residual: 59%
Security Deposit: $0
Total Due At Signing: $0 (first month paid for by dealer)
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): $353

Folks,

Thank you very much for posting your numbers ...they helped me immensely in negotiating my lease. I signed the following today:

Chevy Bolt LT
DCQC
Comfort + Convenience
Driver Safety 1
15K miles p.a
$0 down (incl tax, security, fees, lic, doc, other nonsense)
$284/mth w/tax

Done at Momentum Chevrolet, San Jose. --> ask for Peter Julius ...very smooth transaction and no pressure.

Optional: I got the lease wear & tear for $595 as I have seen enough number of dings and scratches on my Fit EV.

17boltev said:
Folks,

Thank you very much for posting your numbers ...they helped me immensely in negotiating my lease. I signed the following today:

Chevy Bolt LT
DCQC
Comfort + Convenience
Driver Safety 1
15K miles p.a
$0 down (incl tax, security, fees, lic, doc, other nonsense)
$284/mth w/tax

Done at Momentum Chevrolet, San Jose. --> ask for Peter Julius ...very smooth transaction and no pressure.

Optional: I got the lease wear & tear for $595 as I have seen enough number of dings and scratches on my Fit EV.

Better deal than I got at Capitol. Should have waited. Oh well . . . that's what you get for being an "early adopter." LOL!

Romeo Chevrolet in Kingston NY. Bolt LT with fast charge and driver comfort package.

List $38800
Discount $2000 NY EV rebate + half of $7500 federal tax credit + $1025 something else = $6775
Net price $32025
Residual $23668
12k/year mileage allowance
$3000 down + $280/month = $12800 total over 3 years

That's the offer. I think I will ask if they will do the same monthly with $2500 down, if so I think we will get the car.

Last weekend I got a Premier, in Orange, with DCFC, and both options packages. MSRP was $43,905.

3 year lease, 10k miles/ year.

Opted for a one pay lease of $8931, plus $595 acquisition fee, plus taxes. Total out the door, all in, single payment of $10,311.

I leased from Geoffrey Mallard at Nissani Bros (formerly Hooman), highly recommend him, no hassles and very responsive. 562-787-5972.

I also got great pricing from Trish at Buena Park, text her at 909-781-3640.

As an aside, we live in the SF bay area, but decided to buy in LA, fly down and drive the car back home. It was a fun weekend adventure.

BoltShopper said:
Last weekend I got a Premier, in Orange, with DCFC, and both options packages. MSRP was $43,905.

3 year lease, 10k miles/ year.

Opted for a one pay lease of $8931, plus $595 acquisition fee, plus taxes. Total out the door, all in, single payment of $10,311.

I leased from Geoffrey Mallard at Nissani Bros (formerly Hooman), highly recommend him, no hassles and very responsive. 562-787-5972.

I also got great pricing from Trish at Buena Park, text her at 909-781-3640.

As an aside, we live in the SF bay area, but decided to buy in LA, fly down and drive the car back home. It was a fun weekend adventure.

The risk of a prepaid lease is you could lose your entire down payment if your Bolt is wrecked.

Your insurance company will pay off the leasing company and you'll end up with no car and out $10,311

Community Chevy in Burbank CA

MSRP $38,560
LT model with D.C. Fast charge and the trunk floor option....
Cash price $34,695
Excluding taxes and doc fees. Not bad. Purchased 5/12/17 and I just got my $2500 state rebate in the mail yesterday.

I ordered a Bolt back in March before they officially allowed for orders in Nevada. My dealer said he would submit my order as soon as was allowed in Nevada which was at that time July but has since been moved up to June. I finally got my order number from my dealer in mid July. He said it is scheduled to be the first one to go to Las Vegas, Nevada. No sales price deal yet. My dealer said it would arrive probably in late August or September. I ordered the following:

- Premier
- Dark Galvanized Gray seats
- Cajun Red
- Infotainment Package
- Driver Confidence II Package
- Fast DC Charging Option

Has anyone else ordered a Bolt in Nevada?

Back