How Much I Paid for My Bolt

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I don't understand is, if there's such a glut of Bolts in California, why aren't they just doing dealer swaps and sending them to other states?

akilkda said:
What I don't understand is, if there's such a glut of Bolts in California, why aren't they just doing dealer swaps and sending them to other states?
ZEV Credits
The travel provision allows automakers to receive credits in all other ZEV states for vehicles sold in California, proportional to the vehicles sales in the states. For example: if a car company sells a two credit ZEV in California, they receive two credits in a ZEV state that has the same sales as California and one credit in a state with ½ the sales of California. They receive the credits in all ten states (California plus nine others) despite only selling one vehicle (in California).

It's worth it for them to offer a local/regional rebate (why we see lower prices in CA) to get credit for sales in all the ZEV states.

More on ZEV credits:
http://www.ucsusa.org/clean-vehicles/california-and-western-states/what-is-zev#.WYNg_ojytPY

globecanvas said:
Romeo Chevrolet in Kingston NY. Bolt LT with fast charge and driver comfort package.

List $38800
Discount $2000 NY EV rebate + half of $7500 federal tax credit + $1025 something else = $6775
Net price $32025
Residual $23668
12k/year mileage allowance
$3000 down + $280/month = $12800 total over 3 years

That's the offer. I think I will ask if they will do the same monthly with $2500 down, if so I think we will get the car.

Did the deal today, for $2500 down + $280/month. In white.

Just picked up my new Bolt on Saturday, 08/05 from Penske Chevrolet in Cerritos. I’m in love with this car, haha!!

2017 Bolt Premier, Orange Burst, both packages, DCFC, LPO Black Bow Ties, LPO All-Weather Cargo Mat

MSRP: $44,230
36 months, 35 payments (first payment waived)
Zero down, zero drive off
15k/year
$360.28/month, tax included

Payment doesn’t reflect the $2,500 CA EV rebate or the SCE $450 EV rebate.

I’m very happy with the deal I got. This was the easiest car buying experience I’ve ever had. All done via email.

Tony Hardy was my salesperson. Great guy to work with.

I drove it straight to Exteme Autowerks in Cerritos for the tint job. Outstanding workmanship there, as always.

I was also working with Tricia at Premier Chevrolet, but Tony at Penske Chevrolet was able to come through with the interior color I was looking for. I normally wouldn’t have gone for the Black Bow Ties, but I have to admit that with the Orange Burst they look pretty sharp, haha!!

DucRider said:
akilkda said:
ZEV Credits
The travel provision allows automakers to receive credits in all other ZEV states for vehicles sold in California, proportional to the vehicles sales in the states. For example: if a car company sells a two credit ZEV in California, they receive two credits in a ZEV state that has the same sales as California and one credit in a state with ½ the sales of California. They receive the credits in all ten states (California plus nine others) despite only selling one vehicle (in California).

It's worth it for them to offer a local/regional rebate (why we see lower prices in CA) to get credit for sales in all the ZEV states.

More on ZEV credits:
http://www.ucsusa.org/clean-vehicles/california-and-western-states/what-is-zev#.WYNg_ojytPY

Thanks for that. Best explanation of this I've seen.

Penske Chevrolet in Indianapolis just quoted me 647/month for a 15k/yr, 39(!?) month lease (fully loaded premier).
I don't even know what to say. They obviously don't want people leasing - or the sales manager has absolutely no clue. The base lease rates quoted through chevrolets site are more like 450/month.

akilkda said:
Penske Chevrolet in Indianapolis just quoted me 647/month for a 15k/yr, 39(!?) month lease (fully loaded premier).
I don't even know what to say. They obviously don't want people leasing - or the sales manager has absolutely no clue. The base lease rates quoted through chevrolets site are more like 450/month.

Ouch!! Wow...that’s just outrageous.

akilkda said:

Eek! Two words: California vacation. :)

First post, looking for lease advice.

These were first offers from a CT dealership after a test drive, so I'm trying to get a sense of how much wiggle room I might have...

Offer 1: Bolt LT, DCFC + Comfort and Driver Confidence Packages
$337/month, 36 months, 10K miles, $750 trade-in from my (old) current vehicle

Offer 2: Bolt Premier, DCFC, No extra packages
$350/month, 36 months, 10K miles, $750 trade-in from my (old) current vehicle

I don't think these are BAD deals, but I feel both could improve. I'm leaning towards the LT, since I don't have strong feelings about leather or the other bonus features of the base Premier.

This is my first time pursuing a lease, so I'm not experienced in how to haggle. Essentially I want lower monthly payments and to pay less over the term of the lease as a result. I am thinking about asking to get the Premier down to $320/month, essentially knocking $1080 off the total payments for the term.

Advice?

bernardcoop said:

These were first offers from a CT dealership after a test drive, so I'm trying to get a sense of how much wiggle room I might have...

I don't think these are BAD deals, but I feel both could improve. I'm leaning towards the LT, since I don't have strong feelings about leather or the other bonus features of the base Premier.

This is my first time pursuing a lease, so I'm not experienced in how to haggle. Essentially I want lower monthly payments and to pay less over the term of the lease as a result. I am thinking about asking to get the Premier down to $320/month, essentially knocking $1080 off the total payments for the term.

Advice?
Negotiate the price of the car, just like any other purchase. Car dealers really want you to focus on the monthly payment. Don't.

If they are using GM financial, and not marking up the MF, the lease program #'s are pretty well set.

https://leasehackr.com/leasing-101/
or Google "Auto Lease Guide" (or tips, tricks, pitfalls, etc)

Here is the lease I was just offered after a ton of emails with Chevy in Kingston NY
http://www.romeocars.com/VehicleDetails/new-2017-Chevrolet-Bolt_EV-5dr_HB_Premier-Lake_Katrine-NY/3024605353

Bolt Premiere with driver confidence 1 and Fast charging.
Market value 42530.00
Dealer disc/rebates 8930.00
lease options for 36mo@12k miles
350 down 351/mo
1k down 330/mo
2k down 301/mo

Rear Parking Assist
Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
Surround Vision, Bird's Eye view includes rear vision camera

**Never put anything down on a lease except the bare minimum because if something happens to your car, insurance pays off the lease and you are out your down payment, trade in plus you now have no car...This just happened to my neighbor who was 8 months into his lease and put down 5k to make the payments lower...

globecanvas said:
globecanvas said:
Romeo Chevrolet in Kingston NY. Bolt LT with fast charge and driver comfort package.

List $38800
Discount $2000 NY EV rebate + half of $7500 federal tax credit + $1025 something else = $6775
Net price $32025
Residual $23668
12k/year mileage allowance
$3000 down + $280/month = $12800 total over 3 years

That's the offer. I think I will ask if they will do the same monthly with $2500 down, if so I think we will get the car.

Did the deal today, for $2500 down + $280/month. In white.

The problem with down payments is if something happens to the car, you lose anything you paid up front and your still out of a car.
This JUST happened to my neighbor.

BTW was your salesman Matt up there?

bernardcoop said:

Advice?

your LT quote should be about 270 a month (which is what I got quoted)

17boltev said:
Folks,

Thank you very much for posting your numbers ...they helped me immensely in negotiating my lease. I signed the following today:

Chevy Bolt LT
DCQC
Comfort + Convenience
Driver Safety 1
15K miles p.a
$0 down (incl tax, security, fees, lic, doc, other nonsense)
$284/mth w/tax

Done at Momentum Chevrolet, San Jose. --> ask for Peter Julius ...very smooth transaction and no pressure.

Optional: I got the lease wear & tear for $595 as I have seen enough number of dings and scratches on my Fit EV.

That's a VERY good deal especially for 15k miles!

madera said:
Which state / which dealership was this?

gen3ric said:
I got mine on July 2nd.

Bolt LT in Summit White.
* DC3 Fast Charging
* Comfort Package
* Driver Confidence Package

$0 Down, 36 months, 30k miles, for $306/month (inclusive of taxes). Overall I thought it was a great deal.

It's ok .. I think you can do a little better.
Here was a deal for same specs offered in Kingston NY
277 down 276/mo

I guess most people know this but keep in mind when comparing deals from different states that the various state credits vary widely, from zero to as much as $5000.

Earlier this evening I drove back from Dublin Chevrolet (California) in my new Bolt Premier equipped with DCFC. Woohoo!

I'm leasing with 10k/yr mileage.

MSRP $42,530
Drive-off $3,400
Monthly $232

So after 36 months, I'll have paid a total of $11,520, which is already saved up in a high-earning savings account.

The only hidden cost that the dealership sneaked in without disclosure, customer advisement or opportunity for me to negotiate was a $395 Disposition Fee. And I'm still kinda pissed that they tricked me as I'm a first-time lessee. It's essentially a penalty if I were to walk away from Chevy after the lease. It gets waived only if I lease or purchase again from Chevrolet. :x

DNAinaGoodWay said:
Disposition fee is standard. It's in every lease agreement.

It's good to know, thanks. However, everything is negotiable, and the point being that they DID NOT disclose it or alert me BEFORE having me sign. That's the definition of a "hidden cost."

Back