Order Updates?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
reeler said:
My TPW went from 12/19/16 to 1/2/17 so I guess I will not get the car in 2016. Sucks because the Colorado tax rebate goes from $6K this year to $5K next year.

This had me worried until I saw that you are in Colorado. I'm surprised you were even able to get a TPW in 2016 since all of this year's production is destined for California and Oregon.

I now have a VIN for my 11/28 TPW, which I would think puts the car either in production or completed, but GM isn't prepared to tell me that for some reason.

reeler said:
My TPW went from 12/19/16 to 1/2/17 so I guess I will not get the car in 2016. Sucks because the Colorado tax rebate goes from $6K this year to $5K next year.
Even worse if you lease - it drops from $6K to $2,500.
You might keep an eye out for dealer inventory in CA/OR just before the end of the year as shipping could be cheaper than the hit of the reduced CO incentive.

Deposit Date: 9/24
Configuration finalized: 10/4 (Premiere trim)
TPW (targeted production week): 11/28
Actual Build date: 11/28
Vin assigned
Est delivery date: by Christmas
Dealership: Boardwalk Chevrolet, Redwood City

roundpeg said:
This had me worried until I saw that you are in Colorado. I'm surprised you were even able to get a TPW in 2016 since all of this year's production is destined for California and Oregon.

I ordered through a dealership in San Diego. They will accommodate shipping so I can get tags in Colorado only without paying California sales tax.

roundpeg said:
Didn't know you could do that. Were you not in their first allocation?

I was waiting to see what Nissan announced to compete with the Bolt, but got tired of waiting. Also, it took me a little time to conclude I didn't like my new Model S.

reeler said:
roundpeg said:
Didn't know you could do that. Were you not in their first allocation?

<span>I was waiting to see what Nissan announced to compete with the Bolt, but got tired of waiting. Also, it took me a little time to conclude I didn't like my new <a href="http://www.myelectriccarforums.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=67" class="interlinkr">Model S<span class="tip">Visit the Model S Forum</span></a>.</span>

What is it about the Model S that makes you unsatisfied with it?

I expect that Goshen will announce the next-general Leaf on Jan 5 at CES in Las Vegas. I can't imagine deliveries until late Summer. I hope I am wrong on that, since I will be buying (Almost certainly a Bolt) or some other EV in the spring.

devbolt said:

Just not a fancy car guy, just want to get from point A to point B as conveniently as possible. The Model S is missing things you would expect in any car today: shoulder straps don't adjust, no sunglass holder, no door pockets, lacking storage in general, no iOS integration, no phone screen mirroring, etc. My wife loves her Model X and wants a luxury car, but I want a well designed econobox.

reeler said:
devbolt said:

Just not a fancy car guy, just want to get from point A to point B as conveniently as possible. The Model S is missing things you would expect in any car today: shoulder straps don't adjust, no sunglass holder, no door pockets, lacking storage in general, no iOS integration, no phone screen mirroring, etc. My wife loves her Model X and wants a luxury car, but I want a well designed econobox.
You and I sound a lot alike. From a design point I love the Model S. I love what Tesla has done to promote EVs. The Model S is a wonderful luxury sports sedan. But I don't need a $70K+ car to commute to work to in. The car's super luxurious features and performance would be wasted on me as well. I see cars as tools to get from point A to point B in relative comfort and safety. I favor function over form, practicality over performance, and one more alliteration I can't come up with (economy over expensive?).

The Model S is really more like a $90K car. I considered a used one, but...it seems too large, and I don't want the responsibility of driving such an expensive car. Bolt actually suits me better. Bolt + Volt, the pair less than a single Model S

My TPW has always been 11/28 and, indeed, it was produced this week and I have a VIN. Not yet in transit (to Portland).

My TPW was also this week (11/28). Should hear back from them on Monday with any updates. I have not confirmed that it was built this week and I have not been told a specific VIN yet. I'm in San Jose, CA.

Patronus said:
My TPW has always been 11/28 and, indeed, it was produced this week and I have a VIN. Not yet in transit (to Portland).

I have a 11/28 TPW and now a VIN, but was not told whether the car had been assembled as of an online chat with GM on Wednesday. Today I am supposed to receive an email update.

devbolt said:
You and I sound a lot alike. From a design point I love the Model S. I love what Tesla has done to promote EVs. The Model S is a wonderful luxury sports sedan. But I don't need a $70K+ car to commute to work to in. The car's super luxurious features and performance would be wasted on me as well. I see cars as tools to get from point A to point B in relative comfort and safety. I favor function over form, practicality over performance, and one more alliteration I can't come up with (economy over expensive?).

Totally agree. The one thing that Tesla still has exclusively is AWD. I am going to try the Bolt up to snowboarding and see if that will work for me.

I noticed on the configuration tool at Chevy that there was an AWD option that was not selectable. I think with AWD, I would cancel my Model 3 reservations if I like the Bolt enough.

Latest update as of this(Sat) morning:

Brian:10:26:43 AM
Hi, I ordered a chevy bolt, order #TVH***, and was wondering if you could update me on it’s status….Thanks!
Scott:10:27:06 AM
Please allow me two to five minutes and I would be happy to look into that for you.
Scott:10:30:56 AM
Thank you for your patience, Brian. The vehicle has been produced, but it is not yet in transit. Your VIN is 1G1FX6S00H*******.
Brian:10:32:40 AM
Great! Thanks! What is the average time between production and a car being shipped?
Scott:10:34:57 AM
What I can advise is, once the order has been placed into our system up to being shipped it takes 1-2 weeks.

karza said:
Latest update as of this(Sat) morning:

Brian:10:26:43 AM
Hi, I ordered a chevy bolt, order #TVH***, and was wondering if you could update me on it’s status….Thanks!
Scott:10:27:06 AM
Please allow me two to five minutes and I would be happy to look into that for you.
Scott:10:30:56 AM
Thank you for your patience, Brian. The vehicle has been produced, but it is not yet in transit. Your VIN is 1G1FX6S00H*******.
Brian:10:32:40 AM
Great! Thanks! What is the average time between production and a car being shipped?
Scott:10:34:57 AM
What I can advise is, once the order has been placed into our system up to being shipped it takes 1-2 weeks.

Is this for a 11/28 TPW?

I was told they never have shipping information so please don't even ask. It sounds like you got ahold of someone who wasn't totally quoting the party line.

My dealership now has two cars in their first allocation produced, including mine and one the week before, but neither are scheduled for shipment yet. They think it might a pause for QC. More info next week, I hope.

Back