Order Updates?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, thanks. I just found that link myself. ;)

Supposedly taken on I-75 near the factory.

So, Arctic Blue, just what I ordered. I'm gonna call that one mine.

WetEV said:
roundpeg said:
Don't tease. Does this picture come with a caption? As in where, and when?

http://www.hybridcars.com/chevy-bolts-are-on-their-way-to-dealers/
Sorry, cut and paste error :oops:

Today (12/6), leaving Orion plant.

My chat today:
Trisha [1:37:36 PM] : Thank you for your patience. At this time, the vehicle
is currently in transit. Once the shipping process has started, we become
limited to information. At this time, we recommend you contact the selling
dealership for further information.

I'm not sure if that is a Cajun Red Premiere in the front of the lower level - if so, I'd like to call that one mine ... :)

Well, okay but as some eagle-eyed reader noted in another forum, the Arctic Blue on the back is an LT (no roof rails) so it can't be mine.

tink-

I ordered my Bolt in the first order round at Boardwalk also. Who is helping you over there?

I tried to PM you 3 times, not sure what happened.
Maybe I will see you over there?

I wonder how many they can sell at once?

Hi John - Don Mays is my salesman. I also am getting little bits of info from Boardwalk and have been asking for updates. It was my weekly email from Chevy chat that told me my Bolt was in transit. All I know is that my order is in the first group for Boardwalk. I put my deposit down the 3rd week in September.

karza said:
Yes, my TPW was 11/28.
Just check my TPW of 11/28 and asked
"Hi, I ordered a chevy bolt, order TVM*** with a TPW of 11/28/2016 , and was wondering if you could update me on it’s status….Thanks!" (Cut & Pasted Karza's chat shamelessly)
and got back
"Congratulations! Your new Bolt EV has been produced! The VIN for your vehicle is 1G1FX6S04H******. Please be aware that your vehicle is not yet in transit, and no delivery date can be estimated."

So, maybe your status has changed.

I chatted with Chevy today. Basically, they said talk to your dealer, we can't tell you anything. No status code provided, even when specifically requested. This is for a car that was built last week and was at that time officially "bayed." Has me concerned that something is gumming up the works.

I was told mine was in transit and a VIN# provided. When I asked for an event code, was told that once a vehicle was in transit, no code was available.
Given the pics/video of them on a truck, I think it's fair to say that at least some will be delivered in the next few weeks.

roundpeg said:
I chatted with Chevy today. Basically, they said talk to your dealer, we can't tell you anything. No status code provided, even when specifically requested. This is for a car that was built last week and was at that time officially "bayed." Has me concerned that something is gumming up the works.

I got the same line from Chevy on monday. I, too, was confused, since I had been able to get regular specific updates prior to that. So I called my dealer. They were able to look up additional info in the computer that the chat folks weren't. I'm now status 4B00 Bayed (listed anytime a vehicle is sitting parked waiting for next mode of transportation. It can also be this status while in Quality Control)

(full list of status codes at http://gmauthority.com/blog/topic/tracking-my-order/#ixzz4SDHB9jrS )

My hope is that it's getting loaded on a train and is now in transit. I'll check next monday. Not much point in pestering the dealership right now.

For those dealerships that had an allocation of 40 (or 60!) do they expect all 40 to show up at once? Or to trickle in? I wonder if they'd even have storage space if 40 or 60 showed up on the same day. Hmmmm....

I got a e-mail today from chevy. Order status 4200- shipped. Route- Toledo oh. to Mira loma ca. My car is tpw 11/28. She did mention i will no longer be receiving e- mails; To just contact my dealer which is Bunnin chevy in santa Barbara ca..

Dealer says I am in QC. Due for another email update from Chevy tomorrow, so we'll see if that status is changed. It's interesting that some customers are getting status codes and others are being refused that information pretty much point blank.

My initial request for order status on Chevy chat was met with " contact your dealer". But with polite persistence, I was able to extract information that my Bolt had been produced and given the VIN. But I could not get an event status code or any idea of when it might actually ship. This although puzzling, fits with others experiences. It appears that once the cars are produced, some go into information black out. It will be interesting to see what information will be included in my next e-mail update.

They are obviously stock piling cars until they can fill all the train cars. So you must have missed the last train but will be on the next one, just a guess.

roundpeg said:
I am informed by Chevy once again that my order was produced but is not in transit. Pretty disappointing. :(
I think your car was built between Nov. 28 and Dec. 2, right? Mine was built 2 weeks before that around Nov. 15-16 and it's still sitting around with a 4000 status code while cars made last week are apparently in transit.

Life is so unfair!

Oh well. 1st world problems.

That earlier cars are bayed while later cars are shipping might actually make sense. I'm totally speculating, but if they found a problem in the early production runs, they'll park them until they have time and parts to fix the problem (which could be simple or complicated). But if the fix was folded into the line (which would be the priority), then the cars rolling off the line can go right to the truck. It seems backwards, but it's not. You want to fix the line first, then go back and fix the orphans. Which is why it sucks to be an early adopter (I was an early adopter with the 1993 Mazda RX7 R1 and definitely learned my lesson).

This has happened to other car makers. Also famously happened to Boeing for the 787 aircraft.

Back