Order Updates?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
roundpeg said:
My dealership now has two cars in their first allocation produced, including mine and one the week before, but neither are scheduled for shipment yet. They think it might a pause for QC. More info next week, I hope.
The good news is that GM has stated that deliveries will start this year, so there's incentive for them to get the cars through that extra QC process quickly in order to meet that goal. Barring any significant issues, it shouldn't be more than a few weeks before delivery.

SeanNelson said:
The good news is that GM has stated that deliveries will start this year, so there's incentive for them to get the cars through that extra QC process quickly in order to meet that goal. Barring any significant issues, it shouldn't be more than a few weeks before delivery.

This is consistently the party line so I am crossing my fingers and hoping it works out as they've said. I am not at the very top of the list but pretty darned close. To my knowledge no dealers have received any notifications of shipments to date though so I look at the calendar and worry a bit. I'd really rather it did not show up on New Year's Eve.

Capitol Chevrolet in San Jose, CA emailed me yesterday (Saturday) to inform me that my Bolt was in transit. Should arrive in 2-3 weeks, barring any transit delays.

Bolt Premier
Mosaic Black Metallic
Dark Galvanized Gray Leather
Infotainment Package
Driver Confidence Package II
DC Fast Charging

Order Submitted: 10/12
TPW: 11/28
Produced & VIN Assigned: 12/1
In Transit: 12/3

cal1997 said:
Capitol Chevrolet in San Jose, CA emailed me yesterday (Saturday) to inform me that my Bolt was in transit. Should arrive in 2-3 weeks, barring any transit delays.

Bolt Premier
Mosaic Black Metallic
Dark Galvanized Gray Leather
Infotainment Package
Driver Confidence Package II
DC Fast Charging

Order Submitted: 10/12
TPW: 11/28
Produced & VIN Assigned: 12/1
In Transit: 12/3
Congratulations! I think you are the first person I've seen that has reported confirmation that their car is in transit.

roundpeg said:
Yeah, likewise. Has your dealership let you know if they have any others arriving at the same time?

No explicit indication about other Bolts in the shipment, but the email appears to be a form email that could easily have been sent to multiple recipients.

I was #40 on their pre-order list (out of an initial allocation of 100+ Bolts).

I just checked and my car, which was built about 3 weeks ago and had been lounging at 3800, has finally clicked over to status code 4000 which means it is now ready to ship but not yet in transit.

Does anyone, including @cal1997, have a verified specific status code of 4200 or later?

Noticing a lot of variation in the way an order status is conveyed by Chevy. They don't give me a status codes. All I was told was "produced but not yet in transit." This seems to be the same reality as a 4000 status code. Either way they seem to be stockpiling these cars for shipping. I have a feeling a whole lot of them are going to move out on the same day.

roundpeg said:
Noticing a lot of variation in the way an order status is conveyed by Chevy. They don't give me a status codes. All I was told was "produced but not yet in transit." This seems to be the same reality as a 4000 status code. Either way they seem to be stockpiling these cars for shipping. I have a feeling a whole lot of them are going to move out on the same day.
They will give you a status code number on chevrolet.com chat but you have to specifically ask for the number.

JeffN said:
They will give you a status code number on chevrolet.com chat but you have to specifically ask for the number.

I see, I didn't use the magic words (used to be "please" and "thank you"). ;)

Anyway, my dealership is supposed to check with the distribution center this week. Seems kind of amazing to me that the dealerships aren't kept any better informed about the cars they've ordered than we are as consumers.

JeffN said:
I just checked and my car, which was built about 3 weeks ago and had been lounging at 3800, has finally clicked over to status code 4000 which means it is now ready to ship but not yet in transit.

Does anyone, including @cal1997, have a verified specific status code of 4200 or later?

Just did an online chat with Chevy. They are telling me that my car has been produced, but hasn't been shipped -- which contradicts what my dealer told me on Saturday. Further, they said that my order did not have a status code.

So now I'm just confused... still hopeful that I can take delivery before year end.

cal1997 said:
JeffN said:

Just did an online chat with Chevy. They are telling me that my car has been produced, but hasn't been shipped -- which contradicts what my dealer told me on Saturday. Further, they said that my order did not have a status code.

So now I'm just confused... still hopeful that I can take delivery before year end.
I have a friend who ordered a Bolt from the same dealer I did who also could not get a status from Chevy chat today although he previously was at code 4000 (available to ship).

I'm not worried... perhaps they are processing some kind of bulk update for the presumable several hundred cars produced so far to put them into transit.

I just got an email from my salesman and my Bolt is presumably waiting to be loaded on the train. He specifically said this so hopefully they're not pulling it for QC. I had a TPW of 11/28 and the car was actually built on 11/28.

So my car is at "4B00" just three more codes to go!

4B00 Bayed, vehicle is waiting on transportation or pulled for quality control
4800 Rail Ramp Unload, vehicle at RR destination to await truck transport to dealer
5000 Vehicle Delivered to Dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer

tink said:
I just got an email from my salesman and my Bolt is presumably waiting to be loaded on the train. He specifically said this so hopefully they're not pulling it for QC. I had a TPW of 11/28 and the car was actually built on 11/28.

So my car is at "4B00" just three more codes to go!

4B00 Bayed, vehicle is waiting on transportation or pulled for quality control
4800 Rail Ramp Unload, vehicle at RR destination to await truck transport to dealer
5000 Vehicle Delivered to Dealer
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer

UPDATE: I just got my weekly email update from Chevy and my Bolt in "In transit". Yay!

tink said:
UPDATE: I just got my weekly email update from Chevy and my Bolt in "In transit". Yay!

Massive. I am set up for Friday emails but I don't think I can wait until the end of the week for an update, since it looks like they are finally in the delivery pipeline.

tink said:
I suspect we'll be seeing pics of each other in our new Bolts very soon!

If I read your code 4B00 correctly you are still "bayed" meaning awaiting transport or in QC. It appears the cars are still being stockpiled at the factory.

Bolt-transit-12616-668x409.jpg

http://www.hybridcars.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Bolt-transit-12616-668x409.jpg

Back