Order Updates?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I realize nothing can speed up the process but I think all any of us really expect at this point is information. The delivery date has tax planning implications for me so it's about more than just anticipation. Are the cars arriving this week the only ones being delivered in 2016? It's a fair question to ask for those of us who pre-ordered and know the cars were completed two weeks ago.

If we keep pestering Chevy chat and the dealerships perhaps they will realize that a real time order updater would be more cost effective.

I get the impression that this is a deliberate information embargo. The last time I chatted with them online about a week ago it was pretty clear to me that the agents had been told that they could not answer any questions about delivery dates, order codes, anything. It seems we are all being told by Chevy to talk to our dealerships, who don't much either. Kind of frustrating and a big time-waster for all involved.

If you look at the photos in that delivery article, you'll notice a bunch of Bolts parked in front of the dealership. So I assume it's not three deliveries, but more like a dozen or more. I'm just guessing these are the three nice people who agreed to be unpaid publicity shills for GM.

roundpeg said:
I get the impression that this is a deliberate information embargo.
One might almost suspect a deliberate ploy to make sure that the first Bolts to be delivered will be right under Tesla's noses. :shock:

My TPW was and remains 1/2/2017. No acceleration or delay and has always been consistent there. Looking forward to user reviews of those who are fortunate enough to receive theirs before I receive mine.

ScooterCT said:
If you look at the photos in that delivery article, you'll notice a bunch of Bolts parked in front of the dealership. So I assume it's not three deliveries, but more like a dozen or more. I'm just guessing these are the three nice people who agreed to be unpaid publicity shills for GM.

According to one of the 3 people who picked up their Bolts today, they were informed 10 days ago that today was the launch date. This person also indicated that the majority of the 25 Bolts that Chevrolet of Fremont got in were destined to be demo cars for other dealerships in the area.

Yep. The Fremont Chevy dealership received 28 Bolts today.

The 3 shown in the picture were driven away, and they kept 1 for test drives(I drove it this evening.) The others were bundled back up and shipped off to other dealers in the area.

The sales guy did not know if they were all demo machines, or some other customer orders from different dealerships.

My Bolt is in transit. I did not get a call from my dealership or an email from Chevy. After the deliveries at Fremont Chevrolet, I decided to check my dealership's web site, there were two Bolts in transit one them matched my VIN. My TPW was 12/5, so if you are waiting for info on your Bolt this might be a good avenue to take. But there is still no word on when it will be delivered.

leodoggie said:
My Bolt is in transit. I did not get a call from my dealership or an email from Chevy. After the deliveries at Fremont Chevrolet, I decided to check my dealership's web site, there were two Bolts in transit one them matched my VIN. My TPW was 12/5, so if you are waiting for info on your Bolt this might be a good avenue to take. But there is still no word on when it will be delivered.

Where is your dealership?

In transit is a good sign. A week perhaps?

I've been checking my dealership's inventory. They still don't list any Bolts. The model can't even be selected as a search option. Are those listing updated automatically by the company, or is it the responsibility of the dealer to keep them up, I wonder?

I've had an email into my dealership for a couple of days asking for an update. If I don't hear anything from them tomorrow I might wander over there and ask if he can find out why my 11/28 TPW car is still parked in Michigan when 12/5 cars are moving.

As I am reminded from time to time by the car companies, dealers are independent, and responsible for their business, including websites. This, to me, explains the horrible design of many.

My dealership is in the Bay Area, they have not communicated with me in any way since I placed my order. I have got my information from other sources.

Eastocean said:
As I am reminded from time to time by the car companies, dealers are independent, and responsible for their business, including websites. This, to me, explains the horrible design of many.

I've been checking inventories for a number of Chevy dealerships, and found that their websites are surprisingly similar in format and content. They all use the same new car inventory search system with only superficial variations. I strongly suspect that at least this one part of their web presence is based on a template and inventory data supplied by Chevy.

Just got an email update from Chevy, my shipping process has started whatever that means, they also informed me that this will be my last email update. My dealership's website shows my Bolt is in transit.
Oh well, still don't know when to expect actual delivery.

leodoggie said:
Just got an email update from Chevy, my shipping process has started whatever that means, they also informed me that this will be my last email update. My dealership's website shows my Bolt is in transit.
Oh well, still don't know when to expect actual delivery.

Maybe this thread will help:

http://www.mychevybolt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4899

In it I memorialized the shipping status of several dealership in Oregon and California as of last Friday. Of course I really don't know on what day(s) those cars hit in-transit status but I think it's going to be that week. All the Bolts in the inventories at Keyes, Rydell and Bunin are still in transit nearly a week later. The LA Times article said that the first shipments to Southern California dealerships were supposed to be this week.

My car is on the train to Oregon according to the dealer. Predicting transit times with the holidays for workers and excess package delivery is tough.

I suspect the cars were held in the OH lot until the first "official deliveries" and PR. The owners that got them were notified 2 weeks in advance of the exact date, but sworn to secrecy. Since that's out of the way and the dealer demos are delivered in (N?) California, they have released the cars for use "average Joe's".

Back