Order Updates?

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ScooterCT said:
That earlier cars are bayed while later cars are shipping might actually make sense. I'm totally speculating, but if they found a problem in the early production runs, they'll park them until they have time and parts to fix the problem (which could be simple or complicated). But if the fix was folded into the line (which would be the priority), then the cars rolling off the line can go right to the truck. It seems backwards, but it's not. You want to fix the line first, then go back and fix the orphans. Which is why it sucks to be an early adopter (I was an early adopter with the 1993 Mazda RX7 R1 and definitely learned my lesson).

There was a weatherstripping around the windows problem on the Pontiac Solstice that affected the first 4200 cars. A lot were shipped to a plant in Baltimore from the assembly plant in Delaware for testing and fixing before being shipped out.. I had #4723, which was almost fixed..

I know, being an early adopter can become more of an adventure than you'd want it to be. The first run of Mini Coopers had a transmission linkage problem that led to a recall. Fortunately mine was made after they corrected the issue. Here's hoping the first Bolts off the line are't stuck in QC indefinitely with a similar issue.

Hmm.. Got an email that my Target Production Week (TPW) is now 01/16. It was 12/19. :cry:

I wonder if something was wrong with the first few.

Maxters said:
Hmm.. Got an email that my Target Production Week (TPW) is now 01/16. It was 12/19. :cry:

I wonder if something was wrong with the first few.

Bummer. A full month longer. I don't see how the first few could be the issue, since a bunch of cars are already in transit to California and Oregon.

We are obviously all speculating, but I think GM has always had a game plan of shipping 200 ( rough estimate of dealer cars in transit) or so by the end of the year to honor their commitment to do so. The rest will slowly ship with careful QA to make sure they don't have any issues down the road. This is probably a sound tactic for a new car on a brand new platform. Disappointing for people expecting delivery before the end of the year but sensible for Chevy.

Found out today that my Bolt has been built (I knew that 2 weeks ago) and that it has left the factory (news). Good deal!

The bad news is that it was pulled from shipment as a random quality inspection sample and sent to Toledo, OH. No estimate of how long that will take to complete.

The good news is that from Toledo to Portland will only be a few days.

Patronus said:
Found out today that my Bolt has been built (I knew that 2 weeks ago) and that it has left the factory (news). Good deal!

The bad news is that it was pulled from shipment as a random quality inspection sample and sent to Toledo, OH. No estimate of how long that will take to complete.

What was your build week, and who gave you this very specific information?

OrangeCountyCarl said:
My TPW remains 12/19 as of Friday afternoon. Anyone have delivery confirmation from their dealer?

Well, mine had a TPW of 11/28, and I was told on 11/29 it was built and was awaiting shipping. Two weeks later, it is still awaiting shipping.

roundpeg said:
Patronus said:

What was your build week, and who gave you this very specific information?

Build week was 11/28, as was the TPW. My sales guy "called GM" and got this info, then called me.

Patronus said:
Build week was 11/28, as was the TPW. My sales guy "called GM" and got this info, then called me.

Thanks. Same TPW for me. All I have from my dealership is the car is still in QC. If they know where, they have not said.

Out of curiosity I tried to find out what kind of facilities GM has in Toledo. All I found was a transmission factory. The mystery of the missing Bolts deepens!

Has anyone matched their vin with a Bolt in transit at a dealership? My dealership has one in transit but it is not my vin.

YAY!!!

From the LA times today:

The Bolt EV, Chevy's affordable and long-range electric car, arrives at dealerships

The Bolt EV, the new electric car from General Motors’ Chevrolet division, was being unloaded from trucks Tuesday at dealerships in California and Oregon.

Customers who pre-ordered the cars can pick them up, and tire-kickers can get a close look at the vehicle, which was named Motor Trend magazine’s Car of the Year for 2017.

http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-chevy-bolt-ev-20161212-story.html

Back