Our Electric Blue Lightning Bolt

Chevy Bolt EV Forum

Help Support Chevy Bolt EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
30% huh? Ouch. I'm the same as you - loving my new (to me) 2023 EUV, fueled directly from our roof panels. But I'm already wondering if this might not be a suitable winter car up here in the northeast. I may have to put it on blocks for a a couple of months and find a temporary replacement.

30% huh? Ouch. I'm the same as you - loving my new (to me) 2023 EUV, fueled directly from our roof panels. But I'm already wondering if this might not be a suitable winter car up here in the northeast. I may have to put it on blocks for a a couple of months and find a temporary replacement.
Why set it aside? In winter here in Mass our 2019 Premier dips under 4 mi/kwh, down from 5 or more in summer. So it goes. That's true of all EVs. But why not use it? Even if your solar rig can't supply all the juice, it's pretty economical compared to gas cars. Cheap compared to investing in a temporary alternative.

Thanks for the reply. I'd only garage it over the winter of the range aspect made it unworkable. I only charge it to 190 miles, which really is closer to 150 if highway driving. Knock 30% off that for the cold and you're down near 100. My wife has an 80-mile round trip to work one or two days a week. 100 seems cutting it a wee bit close. Although. I suppose I could charge it past 190, which is just under 80% of capacity.

Back